Sunday 25 December 2011

Beta Hell

I never thought I'd be where I am today... With all my early HPTs being negative before my Beta at 13dp3dt... I was scared to death to test again before my beta so I just accepted that yes, my first cycle would be a failure...

Then... my first beta at 13dp3dt... was 11...
This was not good news... but not bad news? At least I had a slim chance... Even if it was less than 10% according to some website I found after obsessively goggling success stories with incredibly low betas.

Now, waiting for my second beta during the holidays... I've turned in to a POAS addict!!
I'm afraid my journey through POAS and beta hell has started...

"I wonder if I will still test positive on the evil stick today??"
"Did my second line on the test get darker?"
"How much darker is it?"
"Maybe if I google pictures of HPTs I can figure out my beta number from other people's pictures..."

Yup... I'm in hell!

So I tested 2 days after my first beta of 11 with a First Response Early Result. I had a line, an obvious line. This reassured me that at least my numbers should be more than 11. This was yesterday, Christmas Eve. I was super happy that at least I got to see a second line. This was my first time EVER!

Today, on Christmas, I took a second test with a ClearBlue, and the + line came up in less than 10 seconds, darker than the horizontal line, which also reassured me. But I'm still feeling uneasy.




I have a feeling that this may go on for a while before I know a definitely answer.
My problem is that I'll be out of my progesterone tabs before I go in for my second beta... I may just pop in a regular clinic to ask for a prescription, if that's even possible... sigh...

If this is indeed a chemical pregnancy, I will make my peace with it. I just wish I can find out sooner and move on. What an exhausting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment