Friday 28 September 2012

Purpose

Today I suddenly realized why God chose me to face my disease and infertility. Maybe infertility has a purpose for me...

I was a good child, a decent (maybe a little stubborn and strong headed) teenager. My parents and all my relatives loved me and always commented on what a good little kid I was. I've always gotten good grades at school, mostly amongst the top. I was enrolled in AP classes and felt like I was headed for the top of the world. I never felt like there was anything I couldn't achieve or get if I really put my mind to it. There were never anything that I felt like I couldn't have. I could always reason and sway my parents into giving me what I wanted, in exchange for good grades, hard work, or just being a good kid. It all made sense. To me, life meant being rewarded after putting in good effort.

Then, real life began. 

Maybe this is God's way of telling me that I need to be ok with things falling out of place. That trying doesn't always mean you will get what you want in return, but being strong means giving it your best and being ok with the results even if it is failure. Maybe God's harsh lesson is the only way he saw how I can learn to live a fulfilling life. Life is unfair. Nothing is ever equal. Not everyone gets what they want. But maybe this is why life is so worth living. Because when we can't have everything we want, that only makes us cherish what we have even more.

2 comments:

  1. That was a really moving and thought-provoking piece. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog on ivf.ca. While I'm not religious I wanted to tell you how much I loved this post! I'm at a turning point where I don't see infertility as the devil and my worst enemy. I'm not grateful that it happened to me but I'm beginning to understand that it is changing me for the better.
    Good luck with your current IVF!

    ReplyDelete