Thursday 25 April 2013

Out of my cave

Wow hasn't it been forever since my last blog entry? Yes, I retreated into my pregnancy cave... I am sorry I left everyone hanging about me, and I apologize to all my due date buddies that I abandoned. Everything felt so surreal being pregnant and this pregnancy hasn't been easy on me at all. So what has happened since my last entry?

Well, I had some spotting during the early days of the pregnancy and I was also told that baby's heartbeat was slow. Everything turned out ok in the many, many scans that I had following that one. I guess I totally went into denial about being pregnant because I was so afraid I would lose my baby. Thank goodness the spotting never returned... but... a boatload of other pregnancy symptoms did.

So basically from week 6 to... week 16... I was spending my days (and nights) in the bathroom hugging the toilet. I guess I'm one of those women that gets bad morning sickness and also gets it, I'm guessing, for 9 months. Yes, I am still throwing up once in a while. Midwife put me on Diclectin and I was on up to 8 pills a day and I was still feeling iffy. Thank goodness it has somewhat subsided and I am only on 2 pills(sometimes zero, if I feel ok) a day now, and throwing up only occasionally.

My NT scan went beautifully and the anatomy scan too. And... we are having a.... boy!! We are naming him Nathan and we truly believe that he is god's gift to us.

I won't go on and complain about all my pains and aches. Let's just say that there are a lot of symptoms of pregnancy that I didn't know existed! (For example, sneezing my head off every 5 seconds while trying to hang on to my va-j-j so the baby doesn't fall out and I don't pee myself... ok I know the baby won't really fall out but it feels like it sometimes...)

So... I am hanging on at 26 weeks, happy that I am at the viability stage and almost at the 28 week mark. This has been an incredible journey and I am so thankful that even though it is tough, I got to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment