Tuesday 15 November 2011

Christmas in a paper bag (or two)

Today was my BIG day! I finally picked up  my meds and had the injections 101 talk with my nurse. The whole experience was very pleasant and the nurses and doctors are just so nice!
I was unsure about what and how much stuff I was actually going to be picking up today so I showed up in front of the pharmacy counter, said hello to the friendly pharmacist, and said, "I think I'm suppose to be picking up something here." Of course, she gave me a big smile and dug out 2 big lovely white paper bags filled with pointy goodies. Was it that obvious that I'm a first timer?

How exciting~~~!!

The pharmacist then took out each and every single item, telling me what they are. Then of course, it was time for the bills... Ek! Let's ignore that. (What credit card debt?) She also introduced us to our nurse and she took over from then. 
The nurse took us into a room and gave me my lovely jabbing schedule and walked through each injection with me. Just when I thought I was home free, she asked me to do a mock-jab (is that even a word?) just so I know how it feels and that she can see I am doing it correctly. (Uh oh!!) Pinch, jab, and inject, she says! (Let's hope I don't pass out) In the end, that was a bit unexpected but it turned out lovely because it actually didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. 

So my schedule starting Thursday: 
- Estradot patch every other day until CD1
- Orgalutran starting Friday morning for 3 days (Just 1 jab - easy peasy!)

Then the real deal: stimulation starting next CD2
- 400iu Puregon daily
- 75iu Repronex daily (Jab jab - at least I can alternate sides!)

CD6
- U/S and Bloodwork
- Start Orgalutran again on top of Puregon and Repronex (JAB JAB JAB - aaaaah! I'll be wishing for more jab-able surface area!)

As weird as it might sound, I was a kid at Christmas when I got home, dying to rip open my present. (A very expensive present, mind you!) 


Ahhh I couldn't wait to get my hands on these~ 


Now I'll have an excuse to be nasty! :p

So, I've added a reminder on my iPad everyday I have to do a patch or injection. Like I'll need it though! I'll probably be sitting next to my iPad with a needle in my other hand, waiting for the alarm to go off, then it's ready, set, JAB!!!!! Me talking about the burning sensation from the Repronex will be the highlight of the evening at the next gathering. Prepare to smile and nod while I bitch about everything~ You've been warned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment