Friday 18 November 2011

I NEED my syringe NOW (I swear I'm not a drug addict)

Today is the first injection of my Orgalutran (250ug/0.5mL). Of course I was all excited as I gathered the goodies and arranged them neatly on my desk.



Hmmm I feel like I've forgotten something...

And of course it's the good 'ol ice cube to numb the area. 
Yeah the ice cube is just a precaution. You jab-veterans don't laugh at me now. I am a noobie. 


Injections for Dummies (And those with needle phobia)
Areas of choice for injecting Orgalutran

OK so... injection area this time lower tummy as seen in this wonderful diagram.
   Step 1. Wash hands - check
   Step 2. Cleanse area with alcohol swab - check
   Step 3. Unwrap syringe/Remove needle cap - damn it we can't inject with the cap on? check...


I couldn't help but upload an eerie picture of the syringe...

   Step 4. Carefully push the syringe upwards so that a small droplet appears on the end of the needle - OOPS! you'd think that I was reading directions when I was doing this... Yeah, I forgot to remove the air bubbles....
   Step 5. Pinch the area under the tummy where you will inject. - Mmmm my fat rolls come in handy
   Step 6. Hold syringe so needle is close to skin
   Step 7. Keep holding it for 5 minutes because you are too chicken to jab
   Step 8. Just do it already!
   Step 9. POKE... Ouch, scream, cry, whatever... Inject and hold it there for a few seconds after to make sure all the medicine is in.
   Step 10. Remove syringe and press down with a tissue.

There, I did it! That was easy and didn't take me 10 minutes... sure....


Here's me posing for the camera... (You wonder why it took me 10 minutes..) Come on, it's a memorable experience!! I have to document it!!

Until next time!!! Which is precisely tomorrow November 19, 2011 at 10:00 am, which is when I will say, I NEED MY NEEDLE!
 

Mr Penguin: Oh yeah we totally conquered that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment