Tuesday 1 November 2011

My new beginning - The first day of the rest of my life

Yup. It's Day 1 in many ways. It's the first day that I'm finally off work and more importantly it's also the first day that dear Aunt Flo came to visit. What a nice coincidence!!! There's excitement, there's hopes, there's dreams, and there'll be the sound of pee hitting a stick and trickling down the toilet in the morning. Isn't that lovely!

After months of waiting and many surprises. We've finally made it to Day 1. The doctor appointments seemed endless and the waiting was worst. First it was waiting for the 6-month Lupron to wear off after surgery. Then, it was waiting for blood work, ultrasounds, semen analysis, and more blood work and more ultrasounds.

As I was have having severe pain again the past few months, I had another baseline ultrasound done and of course they found more cysts! (Two again. Somehow they like to come in groups of 2? The return of Bertha and Norm!?!?) Fortunately, they are small and will not interfere with my IVF! I'm gonna hang cloves of garlic up in my house! STAY AWAY!


So my RE finally give me the OK on the start of my cycle! Yay!


My Day 1 finally came along and I called in. The nurse then called me back within a few hours and told me to purchase a Ovulation Kit and use it until I see a positive result, then call again.

Hmmm These things don't come cheap!
Shopper's Drug Mart, Here I come!



My next appointment is on November 15 at 1:00, at which time the nurse will teach me how to injection crazy hormones in my body, which will probably make me a witch for the next 30 days.

I'm also finally done with work. Hats off to all those people dealing with this crap and working full time at the same time. I just couldn't do it. I was in pain, I'm also studying part-time, I had to get time off too frequently for appointments, and my stress level just went through the roof. So I made a decision and quit. It's nice to finally be able to focus on myself, to try be more healthy, stress-free, and focus on my IVF cycle and school for the time being. I'm sure school will keep me plenty busy as I have an exam this Saturday. Oh wait, why am I blogging here when I should be studying?

So... more to come... peeing on a stick, jabbing myself with needles, and me turning into a nasty old crab! Yay! Aren't you excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment