Tuesday 8 November 2011

We are not alone (and I don't mean aliens)

I've been trying to stay positive since we began. It is hard sometimes, I must say. I guess most people my age isn't dealing with when they will ovulate or looking forward to daily injections. (Unless they're drug addicts maybe but I don't hang around those types of course!) Heck, most people my age are probably doing the exact opposite of what I'm trying so desperately to do, which is trying NOT to get pregnant.

You'd never think that this will happen to you, until it does...

Sometimes it's hard dealing with people that doesn't understand your situation. It's hard not to have anyone to talk to about your protocol. (What the hell is a protocol?) Most people really only know how the mechanical aspects of the birds and the bees work (and by mechanical I mean, all he needs to know is where to put it in) and not the inners working of things. I'm surprised how much I know now compared to what I knew before. (But boy am I glad I paid attention in high school bio, it sure came to good use!)

I hope by keeping a blog that I'm at least educating some people out there about infertility. And what's more important is that I'm also reaching out to those who are going through the same thing and to let you know that, hey, you're not alone! Right now I'm going google-happy with anything and everything IVF related. I'm guessing that I may not be the only that's this way. (That's right ladies, don't tell me you didn't google what BFP/BFN meant)

No comments:

Post a Comment